1 a windstorm that lifts up clouds of dust or sand; "it was the kind of duster not experienced in years" [syn: dust storm, sandstorm, sirocco]
2 a loose coverall (coat or frock) reaching down to the ankles [syn: gaberdine, gabardine, smock, dust coat]
4 a pitch thrown deliberately close to the batter
object used for dusting
- German: Staubtuch, Staublappen
- Hungarian: porrongy
person who dusts
- German: Staubwischer
A Duster can be:
- A dustrag or cloth used to remove dust from furniture or other objects
- A feather duster
- A smaller whisk broom or brush
- A light coat or housecoat; see Duster (clothing)
- An automobile, the Plymouth Duster
- A member of the Amarillo Dusters arena football team
- A member of the Hudson Dusters street gang
- A gas duster to use on electronics
- The M42 Duster Self-propelled anti-aircraft weapon.
- A lo-fi space-rock band; see Duster (band)
- A main character in the game Mother 3, see Duster (Mother 3).
- An agricultural aircraft is an aircraft that has been built or converted for agricultural use -- usually aerial application of pesticides (crop dusting) or fertiliser (aerial topdressing); in this role they are referred to as "top dressers" or "crop dusters." Agricultural aircraft are also used for hydroseeding.
- A term given to a style of stories and movies about the Western Half of the United States (cowboys), sometimes also known as Westerns.
- In baseball, a brushback or possible beanball.
- A really fast sailboat with extremely talented crew
duster in Simple English: Duster
duster in Japanese: ダスター